Table Of Contents:
- How To Clean Out A Jewelry Box
- Benefits Of Cleaning Out Your Jewelry Box
- 3 Questions To Keep In Mind When Clearing Out Your Jewelry Box
- Why You Should Sell Your Old Jewelry To A Pawn Shop
- Sell Your Old Jewelry To The Vault Jewelry And Loan
Are you thinking about cleaning out your jewelry box? Maybe you are trying to tidy up your space or get rid of belongings you no longer want. A jewelry clean out is a perfect place to start. You may have valuable pieces in your collection that you could sell for cash.
We are breaking down some tips for cleaning out your jewelry box and sorting through each of your pieces. Learn more about the benefits of organizing your collection and taking your unwanted items to a local pawn shop.
How to Clean Out a Jewelry Box
When you’re ready to clean your jewelry box and reorganize your items, follow these steps:
- Prep your space: Find a secure place to sort through your jewelry box. Clear the clutter and wipe down the surface where you will be cleaning. Some people prefer to lay down a towel before laying out their pieces.
- Remove and sort your items: Once you’ve prepared your space, remove each item from your box and sort them into piles. You may sort by type, metal or quality level.
- Clean the jewelry: Take some time to clean each piece of jewelry. Cleaning will help you identify any pieces that require extra attention or repairs. You can also take a closer look and determine which items you want to keep or get rid of.
- Clean the box: Before returning your clean jewelry to your box, take a minute to wipe it down and tend to any dust or stains. You can return your items to the box when it is thoroughly clean and dry.
How to Sort Through Jewelry
Sorting through each of your items doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some easy tips to help make it simple:
- Separate items according to fine and costume jewelry.
- Sort by metal type.
- Keep items that tangle easily separate from other pieces.
- Use a quality jewelry organizer.
Benefits of Cleaning Out Your Jewelry Box
Cleaning out your jewelry box is a perfect time to assess your pieces and make your collection something you truly love.
Check out some of the key benefits of sorting through your jewelry items:
1. Create Space for New Pieces
When ridding your jewelry box of the pieces you no longer wear or like, you can create space for new, exciting pieces. You can take inventory of your favorite items and think about what you’d like to add to your collection.
2. Get Cash for Unwanted Jewelry
A major benefit of cleaning out your jewelry box that you may have overlooked is getting cash for the pieces you no longer want. If your jewelry pieces are in good condition and made with quality materials, you may be able to sell them.
Consider taking your items to a pawn shop where experts can authenticate them and make you an offer. It is important to note that, like most pawn shops, The Vault Jewelry and Loan does not make offers on costume jewelry.
3. Breathe Life Into Your Unworn Jewelry
In addition to making some money off your old jewelry items, you can also feel good knowing you’re giving your pieces the chance at a new life instead of letting them collect dust in your jewelry box. When you sell to a pawn shop, you allow someone else the opportunity to fall in love with your pieces and breathe new life into them.
3 Questions to Keep in Mind When Clearing Out Your Jewelry Box
Keeping the following in mind when clearing out your jewelry box will help you make the best decisions about your collection:
1. How Often Do You Wear a Piece of Jewelry?
When sorting through each piece, ask yourself when you last wore each item and what pieces you gravitate towards when accessorizing. You may find a few pieces you never wear and can sell. You may also want to consider pawning items that are valuable but don’t suit your personal style.
2. Does the Piece Have Sentimental Value?
Consider what items hold sentimental value to you. Maybe a loved one gifted it to you, or perhaps it holds a special place in your heart. You probably want to save these items and find a special location in your jewelry box for them.
3. What’s the Condition of the Jewelry?
Another factor to keep in mind is the jewelry’s condition. Some items may need a good cleaning. Others could require repairs. You can likely dispose of pieces that are well beyond repair.
If you tend to your damaged pieces and have them fixed by an expert, you can increase their value. Then you can sell your old jewelry to a pawn shop.
Why You Should Sell Your Old Jewelry to a Pawn Shop
After cleaning out your jewelry box, you may wonder what to do with your unwanted pieces. Selling jewelry to a pawn shop is a great route.
Explore some of the top benefits of turning to a trusted business like The Vault Jewelry and Loan with your old items:
Get an Expert Appraisal
Pawn shops often employ experts who can authenticate your precious metals and gems. Then they will determine your jewelry’s worth and help you understand its value before making an offer.
At The Vault Jewelry and Loan, our team of experts specializes in luxury items and is here to help you assess the value of your jewelry.
Enjoy Fair Prices
You can get the most value for your old jewelry pieces when you allow an expert to authenticate them. You are more likely to get a great offer for your items with the help of an expert than if you chose to sell them in other ways, like at a yard sale or online.
Support a Local Business
Selling old jewelry for cash at a nearby pawn shop is an excellent way to support a local business. Instead of turning to a larger retailer, consider local options in your area. Plus, local companies tend to be more personal and hands-on with your items.
One of the most significant benefits of selling old jewelry to a pawn shop is allowing others to enjoy the pieces. Pawning is a far more sustainable option than tossing your unwanted items and having them end up in a landfill.
Sell Your Old Jewelry to The Vault Jewelry and Loan
When you have unwanted jewelry pieces, turn to The Vault Jewelry and Loan. Our team of experts can authenticate your items and determine their worth while walking you through the entire process. We specialize in luxury items and are licensed, bonded and insured. We value outstanding customer service and want you to leave our shop feeling good about your decision to sell.
Are you interested in learning more about getting cash for your old jewelry items from The Vault Jewelry and Loan? Contact us online or call us at 703-379-1006 today!